The use of telehealth rapidly increased during the spring as it gave patients a needed way to connect with their physician and reimbursement restrictions were lifted. During this time of a rapid increase in adoption, patients as consumers expect more from their digital tools and compare their experiences to offerings from other industries. Notably, as we head into fall, already the usage of telehealth offerings is declining as physician practices open back up and patients feel safer to return to in-person visits.
- Scheduling appointments, refilling prescriptions and looking up lab results are important, but true engagement comes first in understanding unique patient needs, wants, motivations and barriers to achieving care goals and the lifestyle changes needed to be successful; and then in supporting patients along the journey to achieving those goals.
- Patients rarely have just one, clear, manageable issue. A smart platform would take in a variety of inputs and combine appropriate algorithms for treating a patient’s asthma, arthritis, depression, and weight reduction without the clinician having to synthesize these disparate data points on their own.
- Each care team member is able to see both the patient’s master plan and the relevant data and prioritization that is specific to their role and scope of practice. With the growing dynamic of team-based care, each member has a personalized dynamic dashboard to work in.
- The master plan and supportive tools need to travel seamlessly with the patient, whether they are at home with devices tracking their activity, sleep, and blood pressure; or on the road for work or play, even when seeing a specialist. The primary care team then needs the relevant data and information to come back to them through the platform in meaningful and actionable ways.
- The platform must remind care team members and patients of upcoming and overdue activities, suggest changes in the master plan when patient conditions and care needs change, and route messages to the appropriate care team member regarding new test results, data trends negatively, or when patient health goals aren’t on track or being met. All of these long before an adverse event occurs.
At scale, the Health Engagement Platform facilitates the thousands of master plans seamlessly, undergirds a myriad of patient/provider workflows, simultaneously traverses multiple care settings, and supports hundreds of thousands of highly personalized provider decisions; so that a population can be proactively managed as never before. This is the future of healthcare technology!
Patients hardly ever have just one clear, manageable issue. Even more importantly, people are multi-faceted, complex, and cannot be broken down to the presence or absence of a chronic condition. The Health Engagement Platform allows care teams to work with their patients to create a master plan that addresses all facets of their health journey; from treating a patient's asthma, arthritis, depression and weight reduction, while also understanding the intrinsic motivations and potential barriers affecting the necessary behavioral changes.
“Our world is facing two pandemics right now. The acute one, Covid-19, is swift and relentless – and it’s disproportionately preying upon people affected by an even larger, more enduring pandemic: obesity.” Dr Rami Bailony
Amidst today’s pandemic, health systems need to come up with a plan to approach non-Covid, or “non-urgent” patients, as their underlying health conditions are not going away, and in some cases, are worsening. At the beginning of the pandemic panic, these patients did not get the healthcare and support they needed, which has ultimately driven them to need additional care and put more strain on hospitals and care teams. In order to improve care and the systems in place currently, there are a couple steps health systems should take. One is innovating outpatient management to reduce demand at downstream bottlenecks, and the second is to utilize telehealth tools. Patients and physicians alike can benefit from this technology as it creates less exposure for both parties, and physicians can monitor the patient behavior and progress without having to rely on the patients to reach out when they are feeling especially ill.
Unfortunately, as more patients and health care providers lean further into telemedicine amid the pandemic, many are finding that while visits are moving into the future, health records are largely stuck in the past. There are good remote monitoring devices out there and if physicians can monitor their patient’s symptoms remotely, they can proactively handle their care and support; however, the patient generated health data coming to the physician must be actionable, meaningful and aggregated in such a way that it identifies patients needing further attention.
Check out how our Patient Engagement platform accomplishes this and learn more in this Harvard Business Review article.
Today, C3LX, Inc., a patient engagement and technology company, announced its launch and go-live with a large integrated healthcare delivery organization and their corporate clients in the European Union. Due to their highly competitive environment, C3LX’s client/partner has chosen to remain anonymous at this time.
Both C3LX and their European partner are dedicated to fundamentally changing how healthcare in the EU is delivered, with the aim to help members live longer, stronger and healthier lives. To that end, utilizing the C3LX Patient Engagement Platform, our partner is now offering a powerful solution to provide integrated and personalized digital healthcare and wellness coaching services. The GDPR compliant C3LX platform effectively identifies, engages, and supports the unique path to change for each individual, and does so on a population health scale. The C3LX platform facilitates the virtual and physical connection between care teams and patients through smart dashboards and tools for clinicians that assimilate and visualize patient generated health data and progress in actionable and meaningful ways.
The C3LX platform empowers your practice to deliver exceptional longitudinal care, as well as episodic remote or virtual care. We enable your team to deliver unparalleled service and health outcomes to the people you serve.
At C3LX, we are passionate about personalizing healthcare by empowering patients. Through the use of technology, a deep understanding of patient types, & design thinking, we connect & reconnect patients and care teams in meaningful ways. According to the Harvard Business Review, it's time for a new kind of EHR, one that supports value-based care and proactive management of health. That's where C3LX comes in. We have created a platform designed exactly for this, that caters to individual patient needs, takes chronic conditions into account, provides care team support directly to patients, keeping them informed. To improve patients' quality of care, the platform integrates with existing technology while also allowing them to take charge of their health and be involved in the process of setting, working toward, and achieving health goals. With our platform, physicians can quickly analyze patient generated health data and track their health progress, ultimately making both the patients' and physicians' lives easier, more productive, and healthier.
At C3LX, we are passionate about personalizing healthcare by empowering patients. Through the use of technology, a deep understanding of patient types, & design thinking, we connect & reconnect patients and care teams in meaningful ways.
YOU ARE THE DISRUPTOR. WE ARE THE ENABLER. THE C3LX PLATFORM FACILITATES THE CONNECTION BETWEEN YOUR PATIENTS AND YOU, THEIR TRUSTED CARE TEAM, REGARDLESS OF THE SETTING.