Recently, we’ve been sharing our vision for a technology platform that transforms the EHR beyond merely a digital documentation tool into a platform that empowers patients and clinicians towards improving health; both at an individual level and across a population. In order to achieve this vision, what are the key attributes and elements of this new comprehensive platform? Below is a summary of how we, at C3LX, are reimagining healthcare technology:
We are taking patient “engagement” beyond the patient portal.
- Scheduling appointments, refilling prescriptions and looking up lab results are important, but true engagement comes first in understanding and addressing the unique patient needs, wants, motivations and barriers to achieving care goals, the requisite lifestyle changes needed to be successful, and then supports patients along the journey to achieve those goals.
We are linking algorithms to form a patient’s “master plan”.
- Patients rarely have just one, clear, manageable issue. A smart platform takes in a variety of inputs and combine appropriate algorithms for treating a patient’s asthma, arthritis, depression, and weight reduction without the clinician having to synthesize these disparate data points on their own.
We are supporting multiple care team models.
- Each care team member is able to see both the patient’s master plan and the relevant data and prioritization that is specific to their role and scope of practice. With the growing dynamic of team-based care, each member has a personalized dynamic dashboard to work in.
We enable the ability to traverse care settings and geographies.
- The master plan and supportive tools need to travel seamlessly with the patient, whether they are at home with devices tracking their activity, sleep, and blood pressure; or on the road for work or play, even when seeing a specialist. The primary care team then needs the relevant data and information to come back to them through the platform in meaningful and actionable ways.
We are fueling efficient workflows and decision support.
- This comprehensive platform must remind care team members and patients of upcoming and overdue actions, suggest changes in the master plan when patient conditions and care needs change, and route messages to the appropriate care team member regarding new test results, data trends negatively, or when patient health goals aren’t on track or being met. All of these long before an adverse event occurs.
At scale, this comprehensive platform facilitates the thousands of master plans seamlessly, undergirds a myriad of patient/provider workflows, simultaneously traverses multiple care settings, and supports hundreds of thousands of highly personalized provider decisions; so that a population can be proactively managed as never before. This is the future of healthcare technology! Request a demo to learn more about our platform, XIAhealth®, the remote patient monitoring and patient engagement platform for value-based care. Stay tuned for our big announcement coming up that will reveal how we are turning this re-imagination of healthcare into a reality.